The Medical Center is located in Northwest San Antonio, just outside of NW Loop 410. For a complete list of addresses, view our Business Directory.
Whether traveling to the Medical Center by private or public transportation, patients and visitors will find bus stops and parking spaces conveniently located near each institution.
Star Cab, Excel, Seven Eleven, National, San Antonio Taxi
SA Trans Airport Shuttle
VIA Metropolitan Transit
VIA offers bus service on 8 routes to the Medical Center. Reduced fares are available to senior citizens, children, students, persons with disabilities and Medicare recipients. VIA also offers a monthly pass program. For more information, call (210) 362-2020 or TDD (210) 362-2019.
The VIA Primo 100 route travels primarily along Fredericksburg Road and Medical Drive connecting, the University of Texas at San Antonio 1604 campus and Leon Valley to the South Texas Medical Center and downtown San Antonio.
- Frequent 10-minute peak service between Medical Center and Downtown
- Convenient extensions to UTSA and Leon Valley
- Modern-style high-capacity vehicles
– CNG Powered
– Free Wi-Fi
– Wheelchair self-restraint
– Bikes on board
– LCD information displays
– Real-time arrival information along the route
– Transit signal priority to speed up travel times
VIA Medical Center Transit Center
The station serves as a transit center for the Primo route as well as a major transfer hub for many other VIA bus routes. The center features:
- Staff ticket window – route, schedule, general information, and ticket sales
- System map display – displays of VIA routes throughout the service area
- Waiting area – inside lobby with seating for 60
- 128 vehicle parking spaces and additional parking for the disabled
- Covered waiting area – overhead canopies for customers waiting outside
- Bike racks
- Real-time travel information – outside as well as inside the building
- On-site security and installed security cameras
Brochure & Map
Click the map below to download a PDF of our latest brochure, which also includes a map of our 900+ acre campus.